Sunless Spray Tanning is the spray/mist application of Sunless Tanning Solution to desired areas of your body. When applied, DHA and Erythrulose (the active ingredient in Sunless Tanning Solution) reacts with the proteins in the skin’s superficial layer to form a golden brown color. Your skin begins to darken two to three hours after application and reaches it’s peak color within 24 hours. The color will gradually fade through natural exfoliation, just like a tan from the sun.
- Exfoliate and shave the day before or the day of your Sunless Spray Tanning Session.
- The day of your Sunless Spray Tanning Session, refrain from using: moisturizers, perfumes, lotions, oils or deodorants that may create a barrier between your skin and the Sunless Tanning Solution. (You may resume using these after your first shower or bath)
To give the DHA enough time to fully set, the recommended waiting time is a minimum of 4 hours after a Sunless Spray Tanning session or 8 hours for optimal results. Showering sooner may diminish the intensity of the tan. When using an instant cosmetic color will wash off in the shower, but the color produced by the DHA will remain.
- Swimming in chlorinated water or salt water can fade the Sunless Spray Tanning results, cause possible streaking and will diminish the length of your tan.
- After development of tan normal activities such as bathing, showering or physical activities will not affect the quality of the tan.
Not at all. Before Sunless Spray Tanning, most self-tanners were creams and lotions applied by hand. That meant inconsistent coverage and not achieving ideal color.
Yes, all SunlessPro Collection take-home products are created to enhance and extend Professional Sunless Spray Tanning results. Over the counter products that are not specifically designed for Sunless Tanning may block the tan’s application, impede the development process and may create uneven post-tan fading.
- The active ingredient most often used in all sunless tanners including tinted moisturizers, self-tanners, and spray tan solution is called DHA or dihydroxyacetone. DHA is a carbohydrate (monosaccharide sugar) compound approved by the FDA for use in externally applied sunless tanning solutions. For misting applications, the FDA recommends protective measures to prevent eye contact, inhalation or ingestion.
- DHA is often derived from a vegetable source like beets or sugar cane. Its properties as a skin darkener were discovered in the 1920s but weren’t marked as such until the 1960s, then added to the FDA’s list of approved colors for cosmetic products in the 1970s.
There is no age requirement stated by the FDA or any government agency. Many business owners have implemented their own policies and require a signed waiver prior to tanning.
Sunless, Inc. recommends consulting with your primary care physician with the list of ingredients for the Sunless Tanning equipment being used.
- Yes. If you’ve had previous allergic reactions to self-tanning lotions or cosmetics, you should consult your primary care physician before using spray tanning.
- All Sunless, Inc. Solutions are paraben and gluten free.
Any Tanning Solution that contains a cosmetic bronzer, also contains Walnut Shell Extract. (a possible allergen)
- The FDA advises to avoid exposure in a manner for which DHA is not approved, including the area of the eyes, lips or mucous membrane, or internally.
- The FDA recommends you take protective measures to eliminate eye contact, inhalation or ingestion during your spray tan sessions, such as:
- Using protective eyewear
- Wearing nose filters
- Sealing lips with lip balm
- Using protective undergarments
- The FDA has approved DHA for external application for your skin.
- In misting applications, the FDA recommends taking protective measures to prevent eye contact, inhalation or ingestion. To make sure you are in compliance, the FDA suggests wearing protective eyewear, nose filters, lip balm and protective undergarments.
|Pro pH Balancer Solution:
Ingredients: Water /Aqua, PropyleneGlycol, SD Alcohol 40-B, DipropyleneGlycol, Glycerin, Histidine, Glycine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hammamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Camellia Sinesis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Caffeine, Cholecalciferol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Lecithin, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Polysorbate 20, Octoxynol-9, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Carbomer, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Yellow 5/CI 19140, Blue 1/CI 42090
|Pro Bronzer Solution:
Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Propanediol, Fragrance/Parfum, Erythrulose, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Extract, Caffeine, Cholecalciferol, Dipeptide Diaminobytyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Carmel, Polysorbate 20, Octylphenol Ethoxylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Limonene, Yellow 5/CI 19140, Red 40/CI 16035, Green 5/CI 61570, Red 33/CI 17200
|Pro Clear Solution
Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Propanediol, Fragrance/Parfum, Erythrulose, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Extract, Caffeine, Cholecalciferol, Dipeptide Diaminobytyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Octylphenol Ethoxylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Limonene
|Pro Moisturizer Solution:
Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Caffeine, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, PVP, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Dihydroxyacetone, Erythrulose, Propanediol, Polysorbate 20, Cholecalciferol, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance /Parfum, Limonene
To simplify: Clear and Bronze are the same solution, except Bronze contains cosmetic color for instant results. This can come off on clothing. We recommend Clear if they don’t need immediate color. The clear will start to gradually show about 4 hours after the session, with it’s peak color fully developed 24 hours after the session.
- Extended Tan (clear) – Goes on clear while a long lasting, natural extended tan develops over the next 4-8 hours
- Extended Tan with Instant Cosmetic Color (Bronzer) – Immediate deep, natural cosmetic color fused with an extended tan
*Formulated with Eco-Certified DHA and Erythrulose for a long lasting, beautiful tan.*
- Formulated with Grape Seed Extract to help stimulate collagen and improve skin appearance.
- Formulated with Green Tea Extract to help reduce free-radical damage and environmental stress on the skin and Ginger Root Extract to help increase circulation